Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Support your LSS!

Today...I drove home to Houston after spending Easter weekend with family. On the ride through Waco, TX, I had the urge to visit the local scrapbooking store. I had one consumer magazine with me, but it listed only four stores in Texas and none in Waco. So I pulled off the interstate, into the parking lot of a dry cleaners, and fired up the laptop. Amazingly, I got a strong internet connection and went straight to the NSA Store Locator. A quick search showed me that Crop-Paper-Scissors was just a bit further south.

I was looking for two things specifically: a skull and crossbones stamp and Rangers' Distress Ink refill in old paper. On Saturday, I had searched three box stores and a chain scrapbooking store with no luck. But Crop-Paper-Scissors had an extensive display of Distress Ink products, including refills, so soon I was doing the happy dance.

Independent retailers are an enthusiast's best friend. If you're enthusiastic about scrapbooking, please support your local retailer!

ETP!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?