Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Scrapbooking Library

Today...I'm answering Tisha's SBR QOTD (scrapbooking-related question of the day):

Scrapbook Library: Do you have your own mini scrapbooking library? Do you have multiple scrapbooking books and entire lines of scrapbooking magazines? How do you keep your library organized for it to be useful?
I have three stages:
  1. The stack near my desk of recent issues. The ones at the top of the stack I need to read. Uh, I got 3 new issues this week so far!

  2. The storage of past (read) issues. They are in cardboard magazine holders that I got at IKEA -- I didn't buy enough holders, I might add, because the mags that didn't fit are on shelves. Grouped by consumer vs. trade, then by title, then (hopefully) in date order.

  3. A stack planned for the recycle bin. They are tied, bound and waiting for me to release them to their destiny. Most are old PaperKuts issues I just can't say good-bye to since PK was "my first"
I have to say that holding on to these issues does have its benefits. For example, CK recently had a call Your Favorite Ideas from the Pages of CK. I had a favorite idea (Tracy White's "The Perfection Trap," January 2004, page 111) but I didn't submit it.

And I have to admit that I enjoy the trade magazines more than the consumer mags. Craftrends, Memorytrends, CNA, Scrapbook Business, Scrapbook Retailer and the various eZines provide the industry insight that I need. And I love distilling it and putting relevant info on my blog to share with you!

Which means I have some reading to do! As far as idea books...they're on a shelf, looking pretty! I keep most for reference, but I'm known to give them away as RAKs!

ETP!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
You crack me up Veronica!! I have never seen any of those magazines from the trades and I sure would be interested in the Ezines!! What are good ones to sign up for in your opinion??

Have a Great Day!!

Sue
 
Very Cool!! Thanks Veronica. You are the woman!!

Sue
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?