Thursday, February 01, 2007

CHA: I felt the felt!

Today...I'm recovering from CHA, so here's a quick summary. For a more detailed report, listen to my segment on the Diva Craft Lounge.

The theme of this year's show was Quality -- my guess, a tactile reaction to the fast-growing digital market. Look for lots of luxurious textures in paper and embellishments like 80 pound text double sided patterned papers, embossed chipboard, and textiles like velvet, felt and corduroy. Reoccurring color themes were in black & white, teal with everything, and rich plums, burgundies and ivories. Look for a full report on the NSA web site coming soon from Debbie Hodge.

In the meantime, enjoy these photos from the show!



Diva Danielle kept busy doing a show review for Clique TV. She broadcast live from the NSA booth with me and Jan Mollet Evans. And I got to meet Rayme and his mom !!! but no photo :-(


Robin (far left) and Donna (far right) from Scrapbook Warehouse and I stopped by the Memories in Uniform booth to thank Amy Alfaro for her support of Harvesting Memories.


It wouldn't be official without a photo with the lovely Leah Fung!


I finally met Tara Whitney in person at the 2 Peas ice cream social.


Get this...green round sprinkles (peas?) on my ice cream!


Wendy and Kitty have a book due for release later this spring. They and a table full of designers gave me their take on the show during lunch.


The cool tool of the show...the Freestyle from Purple Cows. I first saw this product at PMA last March. It's finally here!

More later!

ETP!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?